Curiously enough, the history of the castle on Doubravka does not date back very far in the past. During the period of the 15th and 16th centuries, when the Teplice area was significantly influenced by the Vřesovec family, it was built by Jan Ilburk from Vřesovice in 1478–1486. From the year 1590, it was renovated with new fortifications built by Holland masters. It was destroyed by a fire in 1626. During the Thirty Years’ War it was demolished by order of the emperor in 1644. As a popular romantic place offering a lovely view, the ruins were repaired and a restaurant was built in addition to one of the bastions was converted into an observation tower in 1884–1885.
To the Doubravka Castle goes regularly our cabrio-bus - Take a ride with us right to the top