It was formed on the site of a shallow depression with warm water, to which reptiles and amphibians allegedly retreated. In 1773 a shelter was built above the spring and in 1796 the Šanov community built a brick building here. The Snake Spa House was rebuilt into its current classicist form in 1838 and 1839.
The house had later ceased to serve its original purpose and the abandoned house fell into disrepair. Currently, the site is a subject of the monument protection and is still waiting for its reconstruction.