This website uses cookies to provide services, customize ads, and analyze traffic. By using this website you agree to this. More information

Krušnohorské Theatre

The Architects Turba and Zítka from Prague participated in the first construction of a theatre for the town in 1874.Their plans were completed by the builder Schneider from Dresden and the construction of a building for 800 spectators was managed by the Teplice builder H Rudolph. The theatre burnt down in 1919. Both the decision for and the commencement of the construction of a new building took place in the same year. The design of Dresden architect R Bitzan  won and Linnebach was the author of interior furnishings and facilities for 1,200 spectators. A magnificent edifice featuring Art Deco elements with two theatre halls, cinema, two restaurants, cake shop, café and bar came into existence. The repertoire of a permanent German ensemble included a drama, operetta, ballet as well as an opera. New pieces by Czech authors (O Scheinpflugová, L Janáček translated by M Brod, etc.) were shown there as well. An interesting fact is how many runaways from “brown” Germany were helped just by people from the then Teplice theatre. Ensembles from the Vinohrady Theatre in Prague as well as from Pilsen, Kladno and Mladá Boleslav would regularly come to give performances for Czech residents. The theatre took a break in 1943.

In 1945, a new permanent Czech ensemble began to give performances in front of a full house, showing plays, operettas and operas for almost another fifty years. Even today, good performances from various Prague theatres are presented on the stage.