This website uses cookies to provide services, customize ads, and analyze traffic. By using this website you agree to this. More information

“Horses” (Koně) Fountain

Šanov Park is one of many attractive places in the town of Teplice. It stretches between the Church of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, the building of the Snake Spa (Hadí lázně), the Stone Spa (Kamenné lázně) and the beginning of Lípová Street. There is a bandstand called Šanovská mušle (“Šanov shell”) near the Snake Spa. The centre of the park features one of the most beautiful fountains, which is decorated with sculptures of lions and horses, after which it is named. The fountain can be found in front of the entrance to the Stone Spa. The water jet is made of marble in an imitation Baroque style. This monumental fountain, which was delivered around 1910, allegedly from Venice, is placed in the middle of a round basin and is made of whitish, apparently Carrara marble. In 1948 it was installed in its present place, where the small defunct pavilion of a former radiation emanatorium used for the treatment of rheumatism and sciatica was originally situated. Both the park and the fountain are accessible from the Czech Railways train station via Vrchlického Street, which leads visitors to the Church of St. Elizabeth of Hungary.