This website uses cookies to provide services, customize ads, and analyze traffic. By using this website you agree to this. More information

Castle Garden

It was the owner of the castle, Prince Johann Nepomuk Clary-Aldringen (1754–1826), who gave the castle garden its appearance as it is today known by both Teplice residents and visitors, as early as the end of the 18th century. The Baroque garden originally built by the castle owners at the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries, furnished with a so-called Garden House in 1732 for guests’ amusement, changed in the spirit of new ideas and opinions on nature and its role in the life of humans. It changed into an English park with freely winding paths, islands on a small and large pond, impressive lawn areas and interesting woody plants (plane trees, elms, ginkgos, beeches, maples, yews, chestnut trees, hazel trees and others).

Also, some interesting memorial inscriptions have survived in the Castle Garden. One of them is a column near the farm that is dedicated to God, Virgin Mary and St Barbara. The column is topped off with a St Barbara statue.

The inscription reminds us that Ambrosius David, a member of a well-known Teplice family, had the column erected in 1725. An inscription on the statue of St John of Nepomuk was made one year later and it confirms that the statue was built in honour of God and St John by Franz Türmann.